Allah instructs us that there are required obligatory duties one must live his/her life by to be a true Muslim. There is no such thing as 5 pillars which constitutes of the basis of a True Muslim and all what is required is defined in the Quran. All the requirements are listed below with proof from the Quran of this obligation of a true muslim. The list below will continue to grow in the future so always check to see if anything is updated I would say once a week.
- Riba – Proof from Quran (In development).
- How to perform Wudu, Ghusl, and Tayammum
- How to Pray Salat Correctly which is defined in the Quran – Quran Proof in detail
- Payment of Kafaraat yammen ( When you promise something and don’t keep that promise)/ Oath Breaking
- Repenting (When you commit major sin)
- Feeding the poor
- Not taking friends people who hate islam or make fun of it
- Do not Lie
- Fasting Ramadan
- Making up Your missed Fast
- Worshipping Allah Alone
- Not saying things you have no knowledge off
- Do not be boastful
- You are accountable for actions and your thoughts. Evil thoughts of Allah and his angels and Messengers is prohibited.
- Follow all commandments from Quran and not just picking and choosing what you like.
- Not changing or translating the words of Allah Quran verses to mean something other then what Allah meant
- Judging based on Quran
- Giving charity then causing emotional injury by reminding people what you did for them.
- Cheating on your spouse.
- Causing corruption intentionally or unintentionally – Read details because unintentionally has different requirements.
- Not Looking for Allah guidance outside from Quran.
- Not being an aggressor.
- Being Kind
- Being Fair
- Dressing Appropriate both men and women. Men call out women but then man wear clothes just as inciting and revealing.
- Saying Bismiallah over food.
- Men most pay marriage Dowry with means they can afford.
- You cannot place your opinion above that of God and His Messenger.
- Practice what you preach.
- Stand out firmly for justice
- Women also have the right for inheritance
- Treatment of orphans
- Do not consume one another’s wealth unjustly
- Try for settlement between two disputing parties ex. spouse family/business partner.
- Commit no evil with examples
- Trust in Allah
- Never say you will do anything in the future without saying “If GOD’s Willing”(In sha allah).
- Worship Allah alone and do things for the sake of Allah alone. Do not idolize Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Additional Recommendations that are not obligatory of a True Muslim with Quran Proof
- Waking up in the middle of the night to pray (Qiyam)
- Reading Quran in the morning until sunrise
- Paying Sadaqah
Additional Information from Quran
- Who are Gog and Magog – Quran Proof
- On Day of Judgement your life worldly life will feel like only 1 days.
- Did Salat come from Prophet Muhammad PBUH? NO – Quran Proof
- There are Hadiths stating if you are a muslim and enter hell you will be there for a short period of time to expiate the sin. This is not true once you enter Hell you are a disbeliever and died a loser in the sight of Allah and will not be coming out. – Quran Proof
Other additional information from Quran
What Allah means by the verse: “Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent example/pattern for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much” Surah 33 verse 21
Muslims therefore rightly say that we need to follow this “excellent example”, they also say that we can follow this example by following what people reported about him in the books of Hadith, however the above ayah certainly refers to the Qur’an.
Below are these examples/patterns we are to uphold and follow straight from Quran and not other sources.
Made up innovations of what is allowed and prohibited
- Are dogs prohibited to have as pets? NO – Quran Proof
- Can you have sex slaves? NO – Quran Proof
- Was Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him illiterate (can’t read or write)? NO – Quran Proof
- Can muslim women miss Jummah? NO – Quran Proof (they must attend every week)
- Can muslim women wear makeup outside from there husband gaze? NO – Quran Proof
- Correct dress attire for Men and Women
- Can muslim men really marry 4 wives at the same time and whenever he please? NO! – Proof from Quran.
Who Allah considers idol worshippers (polytheists) – Proof from Quran
- Those who constantly do bad deeds (click for more explicit detail)
- Those who obey disbelievers (people who reject Quran)